Let me just get this out of the way. I knoooow I’m not alone.
I. Love. Target.
I recently came across a meme on Instagram that said “No one goes to Target because they need something. You go to Target and let Target tell you what you need.” Which lead me to this beauty on Buzzfeed, and it’s just proves I’m not alone.
It was like they were inside of my head! How did they know?! Who were all of these people living parallel lives as me?!
When I tell my husband I need something from the store, it can include any one of these statements:
1. “Babe, we need a birthday card for your Mom. I’m just going to run to Target.”
2. “Oh man, we’re out of laundry detergent, I should make a quick trip to Target.”
3. “I was thinking…” (Which, he catches onto quickly as he is well aware of my ways of trying to devise the perfect excuse to go to Target.)
The answer is always “No.” And, not just any no. It’s usually concluded with one of these statements:
1. “A trip to Target always turns into an episode of Supermarket Sweep.” (Which is, I would say half-way… nah all-the-way true.)
2. “You know you can get those things other places, right?” (But those places don’t have the same feel as Target.)
3. “The last time you went to Target for something that cost $5, you left with $50 worth of ‘stuff that was cute.’ Why do you have to go to Target?”
Now, I’m a good Minnesotan girl. I am loyal to my homestate brand. I mean, I should practically get a pass! Target is my people! He just doesn’t get it.
So, I had to make a mug that reflects some of the truest parts of myself. Alas, this baby was born. And BOYYY does it speak to me!
I mean, I love long romantic walks on the beach, too, but this. This is a whole other level of love.
Think about this with me:
Your boo-thang says those magical words to you “Babe, let’s take a trip to Target.”
As you get there, the doors open wide and scream “Take me!” and you relax as you prepare to stroll up and down every aisle. Time is no object as you toss in yummy candles, throw pillows, desk calendars, mascara – you name it – it’s cute, and it needs to come home with me. Forget about the laundry detergent, this trip is about luxury.
Then, as the dreaded end of the trip comes near, and you round that last corner, right there at the end of the card section, across from the little girl’s clothes (you know RIGHT where I’m talking about! I see you!), he turns to you and says the magic words “Don’t worry babe, I got this trip.”
I mean – WOW! Talk about getting a girl excited! lol I can’t imagine anything more romantic!
Sounds like a dream! And… a girl can dream, right?
Click here to grab this new mug in my Etsy shop. He can’t complain if you didn’t go to Target to get it, right?